PLEASE NOTE CHANGES TO WEEKLY ZOOM SESSIONS
As the days grow warmer, and things are opening up again, we are decreasing the number of weekly Zoom sessions and will instead try to do in person Meetups. These meetups will be every other Monday in Langford, and every Tuesday in Sooke. People will be sent details on location and time, and will need to RSVP. Meetups will only happen if there are at least 2 participants signed up.
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DURING MEETUPS
- People will be required to find their own way to the location. No transportation will be available.
- All meetings will be outdoors.
- People will practice social distancing during the meeting.
- Activities will be ones that can be done while social distancing.
- All participants must do a Health Check before coming. If anyone has ANY symptoms, and/or has travelled off Vancouver Island in the past 14 days, they are asked not to attend.
- Participants are encouraged to wear masks. As we will be outdoors, and social distancing, masks are not mandatory.
WE WILL CONTINUE WITH OUR WEDNESDAY MOVEMENT SESSIONS, AND THURSDAY GROUP SESSIONS VIA ZOOM.
Some friendly reminders about these Zoom sessions:
1. These are times for you to have fun. If you need to sign in later, or sign out early, don't worry about it! If you miss a day, hopefully we'll see you next time.
2. If you don't feel like dressing up or doing the planned activities, no problem! Just hanging out is cool too. (Note: You don't have to be an artist to do the art activities. They will all be fairly simple and step by step. It's a chance to try something new!)
3. When we are all together in the sessions, please make sure you are including everyone in the conversations. We're all feeling pretty lonely, and this is a chance for all of us to be there for each other.
4. If you are not talking and/or are doing things outside of what the group is doing, please mute your mike. It can be very distracting trying to hear others when there is other background noise.
5. Please remember this is a public platform. To protect everyone's privacy, we will not be sharing any personal information while we are in our hangouts.
6. Zoom Hangouts is a safe place for everyone. Please be respectful of each other.
7. If you would like to Zoom with a specific person in your own time, let me know and I can try and connect you.
8. I will send the invites for the session 15 min before the start time. Text or call me is the best way to reach me if you're having trouble : 250-661-5124.
Group Zoom Sessions - Thursdays, 1:00-3:00
Thursdays will now also include Fun Zone activities, such as Dance Parties and Karaoke. These sessions may include sharing stories, photos, jokes, favourite YouTube videos, etc, and usually encourage you to dress up =)
Click here for the Group Zoom Schedule.
Morning Movement - Wednesdays, 10:00-10:45 am
Fun movement sessions with our friend Rowan! These can be done inside or outside in your yard. Family and house mates welcome! Suitable for all ages, body types, skill levels, and mobility levels.
Click here for more info on Morning Movement with Rowan.
Fun Zone - CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
These are more active sessions, with different activities to do each time. They usually include dance parties, step by step drawing and crafts, talent shows and sing alongs.
Afternoon at the Movies - CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Get comfy and come join us for a fun movie with your friends!
Looking forward to hanging out with you!