Building Bridges Community Support holds ourselves and our workers to high standards. As such, we have the following requirements which need to be met to qualify for any position you apply for. Please see below for details. If you meet these requirements, we encourage you to fill out the application form.
* AS PER THE PROVINCIAL HEALTH OFFICER’S ORDER AND COMMUNITY LIVING BC’S MANDATE, ALL WORKERS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINATION OR AN OFFICIAL EXEMPTION LETTER.
These are the minimum requirements that MUST be met to be considered as a candidate:
- Minimum 2 years experience working with people with diverse abilities, including people: with autism; who have challenging (sometimes violent) behaviours; who have experienced trauma, and/or may be living with mental health challenges; are elderly and living with dementia.
- Current Driver’s licence
- Driver’s abstract
- Own reliable vehicle
- Business insurance for vehicle, including $3,000,000 third party liability
- Up to date first aid
- Criminal record check
- Medical competency letter from a doctor
- Diploma/degree in related field (Behaviour Intervention, Community Support Worker, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, Education, etc.)
- Trauma informed
- Non-violent crisis intervention certificate, or other related training
- Awareness and open mindedness around gender identity and sexual orientation
- Experience working with seniors and/or people with Alzheimer’s
- Knowledge of community resources