Community and Home Based Services
Building Bridges provides ongoing support to individuals so they can participate in fun and fulfilling community activities. These activities focus on a combination of social, recreational, and vocational goals designed to meet the specific interests and needs of each individual.
These services can be provided either on a one-to-one basis or in groups.
Useful Funding and Passes
- Apply for CLBC Funding
- Apply for Person with a Disability Assistance (PWD)
- Get a bus pass through PWD assistance
- Get a L.I.F.E. Pass (free access to recreation centres)
- Get a Leisure Assistant Pass (so your worker can accompany you in for free)
- Get an Access 2 Card (lets you bring a friend/family member/worker into the movies with you for free)
Mental Health and Wellness
- Bounce Back BC – www.bouncebackbc.ca
This is a web based program to help people aged 15 yr or older to develop skills to work through anxiety, depression, stress and worry. You can work online or with a coach over the phone.
- Wellness Together Canada – https://wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA
This is an online portal that allows Canadians to access self-assessments, self-directed e-mental health tools, peer support and live counselling by telephone, video and text.