Important Phone Numbers
Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- 1 866-866-0800 General enquiries
- 1-800-661-8773 Telephone Device for the Deaf (TDD) General enquiries
Mental Health Contacts
If you or someone you know needs help, call one of the numbers below:
- 9-1-1 if you are in an emergency.
- 8-1-1 for non-emergency information on how to access alternatives to toxic drug supply and substance use services
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) if you are considering suicide or are concerned about someone who may be.
- 310Mental Health Support at 310-6789 (no area code needed) for emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health.
- Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a professional counsellor, 24 hours a day.
- Alcohol & Drug Information and Referral Service at 1-800-663-1441 (toll-free in B.C.) or 604-660-9382 (in the Lower Mainland) to find resources and support.
Useful Funding and Passes
- Apply for CLBC Funding
- Apply for Person with a Disability Assistance (PWD)
- Get a bus pass through PWD assistance
- Get a L.I.F.E. Pass (free access to recreation centres)
- Get a Leisure Assistant Pass (so your worker can accompany you in for free)
- Get an Access 2 Card (lets you bring a friend/family member/worker into the movies with you for free)
Mental Health and Wellness
An extensive list of mental health resources and phone numbers available to you. This is your ultimate mental health access site.
Extensive links to workshops, events, free/low cost counselling, other resources, etc.
Information on how to access free or low cost counselling.
This is a web based program to help people aged 15 yr or older to develop skills to work through anxiety, depression, stress and worry. You can work online or with a coach over the phone.
This is an online portal that allows Canadians to access self-assessments, self-directed e-mental health tools, peer support and live counselling by telephone, video and text.
Trauma Resources and Trauma Informed Practice
Resources and training on how to work with people with trauma, and work through personal trauma and crisis. Training, resources, videos, books, etc.
Employment Services and Support
Leisure and Activities
Calendar for Connection – calendar of fun and inclusive events to help people connect with others during COVID.