About the Position
Part-time hours: 7 hr/week – Wednesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm, and Fridays 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour (depending on candidate’s experience)
Building Bridges Community Support is looking for a worker who is fluent in American Sign Language (ASL). Female worker is preferred. Worker can be hearing, deaf or hard of hearing, as long as they are fluent.
Only candidates who can demonstrate they are fluent in ASL will be considered for this position.
* MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED OR HAVE AN EXEMPTION (this is CLBC’s mandate for all support workers).
Experience working with people with autism is preferred. If the candidate meets our minimum requirements for hiring, there may be the potential for additional hours with other individuals.
Pay is on a sliding scale and will be determined based on the experience of the successful candidate, with a raise at the successful completion of their probationary period.
Requirements for this position:
(These are the minimum requirements that MUST be met to be considered as a candidate)
- Fluent in ASL
- Fully vaccinated or valid exemption
- Willingness to accompany the individual on HandyDart
- Up to date first aid
- Criminal record check
- Medical competency letter from a doctor
- Diploma/degree in related field (Behaviour Intervention, Community Support Worker, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, Education, etc.)
- Experience working with people with diverse abilities, autism or other neurodivergences, mental health challenges, dementia, etc.
- Trauma informed
- Non-violent crisis intervention certificate, or other related training
- Awareness and open mindedness around gender identity and sexual orientation
- Working knowledge of community resources available for people with diverse abilities, and how to access them